Removing a primary burr with a grinding belt, will create an unwanted secondary burr inside a hole.
Removing a secondary burr is optimal done with a barrel brush.
A so-called primary burr can be removed by making a grinding belt move in ‘with feed’ mode. The primary burr disappears, but a secondary burr occurs inside the hole due to plastic deformation of the primary burr [If the belt was moving in ‘against feed’ mode, a secondary burr would occur at the other side of the hole].
The solution to this problem: using a Planetary rotating barrel brush. This is a rotating brush with slabs of grinding cloth, which tend to protrude outwards thanks to centrifugal forces. Those slabs penetrate into holes and lift out the secondary burrs and remove them. Depending on parameters such as rotational speed, slab stiffness, type of abrasive, product material, etc., the edge of the hole is rounded off with a radius between nearly 0 and about 2 mm.
PSRG-800/1000/1300/1600 is a very versatile machine model. The wide abrasive belt head is capable of sanding down and removing the bigger burrs on the parts, or using it for whole surface finishing purpose such as No.4 finishing. The planetary abrasive barrel station that consists of 4 abrasive barrels (2 in clockwise rotation, and 2 in counter-clockwise rotation) will further rounds the edges and the contours. It is suitable for parts from laser cutting, punching, shearing, and etc, generally with small/medium burrs and sharp edges. It produces much more consistent result of deburring and edge rounding in significantly higher efficiency than using manual tools. There will be no more metal dust just dispersing into the air, which will be efficiently extracted from the machine.
Machine characteristic overview:
- Dry operation
- Wide abrasive belt head for sanding out the burrs or surface finishing
- Planetary type abrasive barrel station for further edge rounding, 4 abrasive barrels, and planetary rotation possible to replace for oxide removable brushes
- Vacuum conveyor table to accommodate small parts, smallest parts available 50x50mm
- Planetary abrasive barrel station will only focus on the edges and contours of the parts, minimum effect on the whole surface
- Capable of processing minor formed/profiled parts
- Long life span of consumables
- Straight forward and user-friendly operation
- Auxiliary LED lighting inside machine
- Dust collection hood is installed inside the machine.
Wide abrasive belt for pre grinding heavy burrs from laser, punched and water jet cut parts. Also suitable for surface finishing of stainless steel, mild steel, copper, aluminum etc. using coated abrasives or Scotch-Brite belts.
The choice of the abrasive belt will be determined by the application: deburring or finishing.
Using a variety of endless coated abrasive belts and a differing shore hardnesses of the contact roller will result in various solutions for numerous applications.
A soft roller will provide a bigger edge rounding and less surface damage; a hard contact roller will remove more material on the surface and less rounding of the edge.
With the standard pneumatic rise & fall movement the head can be quickly put in down position when used or put in neutral position when not used. The locking system for an easy and quick belt change provides you with the flexibility to choose between deburring and finishing within minutes.
Rotating carousel with 2/4/6/8 abrasive flap brushes; 1/2/3/4 rotating clockwise and 1/2/3/4 rotating counter-clockwise for uniformly deburring and rounding edges of laser plasma cut, punched and machined parts in all directions. Processing different work piece thicknesses simultaneously (up to 5 mm difference) in one single, simple set-up. Flat parts, but also parts with protrusions and surface forms on the top and/or bottom faces of the part. Small parts held by the standard vacuum table.
1. Carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, copper, and etc.
2. Parts with protective vinyl film (machine will not damage the film, therefore protect the surface underneath)
3. Working thickness range from 0.5mm-100mm
4. Carbon steel parts that require large radius on the edges
5. Laser oxide parts
|PSGR -- Series||PSGR-800||PSGR-1000||PSGR-1300||PSGR-1600|
|Maximum working width||800mm||1000mm||1300mm||1600mm|
|Conveyor feeding rate||0.5-5m/min||0.5-3m / min||0.5-3m / min||0.5-3m / min|
|No. of abrasive barrel||4 (or optional 4+4)||6 (or optional 6+6)||6 (or optional 6+6)||6 (or optional 6+6)|
|No. of wide abrasive belt head||1 (optional till 4)||1 (optional till 4)||1 (optional till 4)||1 (optional till 4)|
|Consumables/Abrasive media||Abrasive barrel, wide abrasive belt||Abrasive barrel, wide abrasive belt||Abrasive barrel, wide abrasive belt||Abrasive barrel, wide abrasive belt|
|Abrasive barrel station power||5.5kw||5.5kw||7.5kw||7.5kw|
|Wide abrasive belt head power||11kw||13kw||15kw||18kw|
1. Additional wide abrasive belt head(s) on the front for sanding down heavier burrs or for high hardness alloy material is available, for example 2 wide abrasive belt heads.
2. Additional wide abrasive belt head(s) on the back for straight line surface finishing is available, for example 1 wide abrasive belt head after the planetary abrasive barrel station.
3. For carbon steel parts that requires large radius (for example 2 mm radius) on the edges, optional two units 4 abrasive barrel station in a row is available.
4. Perfect Surface finish with an extra full width rotary Brush roller. In comparison to sanding using a sanding belt the fleece rollers of the PSB B-unit create an even more consistent matt or matt-finished surface. They are available in different grains between very fine and very rough. The fine glazing marks add up to a decorative surface. The special orientation of the roller guarentees the longest possible useful life of the abrasive.